Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Props

Love Super Bowl Sunday.  From the dogs to the dip, to the peeps and the props.  Nothing quite like it in our culture today.  I'm excited for the game of course, where I'm taking the Steelers, but I'm also excited about the props, which seem to have gained more and more attention as the years go by.

Last year, I was rewarded for my fiath in Carrie Underwood, as she held the last note of the anthem so long, it pushed the time over the number and allowed me to cash in on my first wager of the day.  Trust me, that's about as good as it got that day, but I'm back for more, starting again with the anthem.

Christina's number is set at 1:54, which is 12 seconds more than it took Underwood last year.  Seemed like an under today until my father-in-law said that she;s usually around two minutes on the anthem.  Hmmm.

Other props I like?

Will a team score three consecutive times in the game?

Yes (-160)
No (+120)

You take the no here, right?  You are getting odds and this should be a back and forth affair.

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Who will FOX show first on TV during the game?  Wager is on who will be shown on TV first during the Game (from kick off until final whistle). Live pictures only, Any Taped Pictures or Past Video does not count towards wager.

Jessica Szohr (Aaron Rodgers’ Girlfriend) -140
Ashley Harlan (Ben Roethlisberger’s Fiancee) EVEN

I'm going with the controversial Roethlisberger angle to overcome the odds here.  Harlan is the choice.

Super Bowl XLV Specials - Who will the FOX announcers say has better hair on TV during the Game?  Must be a direct reference on TV during the Game comparing the 2 players hair or wagers will be graded as No Action (from kick off until final whistle). Live commentary only, Any Taped or Past Video does not count towards wager.

Troy Polamalu -150
Clay Matthews +110

I think Polamalu clearly has the better hair, so I'm going with the favorite here. Let's hope they mention it.

Who will catch a pass first in the game?

Hines Ward (PIT) WR -115
Donald Driver (GB) WR -115

I'm citing Ward's declining numbers and the Packers motivation to get their veteran involved early in his first Super Bowl to carry this one.  Driver is the pick.

Total Receptions – Heath Miller (PIT)

Over 3.5 (-125)
Under 3.5 (-105)

The Packers are not good against the tight end (I know they ranked in the bottom half of the NFL this year).  I love this one, and I like the over.

Enjoy the game folks.  Should be a good one, and we'll next see football in 2012!

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: