Saturday, July 10, 2010

MarKet MaDnESS

Cliff Lee's move to Texas yesterday got me thinking, which players could be on the move in my (and your) fantasy leagues that can provide a boost for your team down the stretch.  Today, I'm brining you buy low guys who may be had for cheap, but who are likely to help champiuonship teams down the stretch.

Cliff Lee, SP, Rangers
I know he's moving from heaven to hell as far as ballparks go for starters, but if the Lee owner in your league wants to sell, I'd buy.  Elite SPs carry their value no matter the park, as Roy Halladay and Ubaldo Jimenez have shown us this year.

Aramis Ramirez, 3B, Cubs
I've been trying to buy low on A-Ram all year and have been unsuccessful, mainly due to an owner's apathy in one league, but I still think there is promise here.  Ramirez has struggled with injury but is just a season removed from being a top 40 overall player and he has three homers and nine hits in his last four games.

Lance Berkman, 1B, Astros
Berkman is showing he still has some pop in his bat with homers in his last four games.  Remember, he missed significant time this spring and could just be getting his legs.

Tommy Hanson, SP, Braves
He has mixed in a few clunkers lately, but I think he'll be energized by a pennant race and will be a dominant SP the rest of the way.  Hanson is over 9 K/9 and that ERA is inflated due to two horrendous starts.  He has elite stuff.

I'd also like to mention that I think Longoria, Braun, Mauer, Lincecum, Markakis, Greinke, Garza, and Jeter will all be great options in the second half despite underperforming thus far (some worse than others).  If you can buy these guys for 75 cents on the dollar, you should be rewarded with usual production from here on out.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: