Sunday, April 4, 2010

2010 MLB Predictions

On the morning of Dustin Pedroia's first four homer game of many this season, I thought I may offer up my predictions for the upcoming baseball season.

Quick side note...Rasual Butler, Brandon Rush and Danilo Gallinari, I NEED some threes today.

OK, back to the baseball.

AL East
Rays
Yankees
Red Sox
Orioles
Blue Jays

I love the Rays this year, Garza should make the leap, Price might, and Bossman Junior is going to start hitting bombs.

AL Central
Twins
White Sox
Tigers
Indians
Royals

I'm not buying the Sox rotation or the Tigers lineup at all.

AL West
Angels
Rangers
Mariners
A's

Los Angeles wins by default.  I like the Rangers a lot, but who is going to pitch?  Next year.

NL East
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Mets
Nats

I'm a Mets apologist and thought they may be a sleeper squad this year, then I saw Mike Jacobs was going to hit fourth and I dropped them from second to second-to-last.  Jacobs is that bad.

NL Central
Cardinals
Reds
Cubs
Brewers
Pirates
Astros

The Buccos move out of the cellar!  That's waht happens, Houston, when you spend $15 million on Brandon Lyon.  Cards should cruise here.

NL West
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants
Dodgers
Padres

The top four in this division are as tough to call as the top three in the AL East.  I think the young snakes make the leap, and the Dodgers rotation, outside of Kershaw, leads to their demise.

Rays over Angels
Yankees over Twins
Phillies over Rockies
Cards over D'Backs

Rays over Yankees
Cardinals over Phillies

Rays over Cardinals to win the series in five games.

NL MVP:  Pujols
AL MVP:  Longoria
NL CY:  Haren
AL CY:  Felix
NL ROY:  Heyward
AL ROY:  Feliz
Fantasy MVP (relative to draft position):  BJ Upton
Fantasy breakouts: Tommy Hanson, Matt Weiters, Andrew McCutchen, Matt Garza
Fantasy freefalls:  Lance Berkman, Carlos Lee, Chad Billingsley, Johnny Damon

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: