Saturday, May 15, 2010

Srixon

So, as I was golfing today with my father-in-law I noticed that he was playing a Srixon golf ball.  As he procedded to go six down to me (we play match play) through ten, I told him that maybe the Srixon wasn't the best choice for his game.  After all, the poster boys for Srixon, Jim Furyk, Robert Allenby, Vijay Singh, Tim Clark, and Boo Weekley haven't excactly elevated their play since the switch to that product.  The last month and a half non withstanding, those golfers had probably been THE most ridiculed players on tour for two years due to their inability to find the winner's circle.  Now, Furyk has turned it around a bit and Clark (finally) won last week, so this column probably comes a couple months too late.  Still, it's worth noting that my pop immediately took three holes in a row from me when he swicthed to "the cat" (Slazenger).

Maybe Westwood accidently put Allenby's Srixon in play for his last five holes at the Players.

The moral?  I'm taking a Srixon free approach to fantasy golf for the remainder of 2010.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: