Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just thinkin' about tomorrow

Thanks to my brother, we have a fantastic video to share this week.  Let it be known that I will be just as jubilant as these guys were if Jamaal Charles takes one to the house from distance this weekend against Buffalo, or should I say when?

Here is what else I will be following in the NFL this week, which makes the halfway point of the fantasy season.

Six teams are on the bye, so fantasy lineups will be thin, and many guys are brought into play off waiver wires.

Does that make Anthony Gonzalez relevant this week?  I like him with Collie and Clark out.  The problem is, we aren't sure he's fully healthy, and he plays Monday night.  It wouldn't be the worst thing to try and have both Gonzo and Jacoby Jones ready to go, then decide who to play as the game approaches.

I'm still intrigued by Danny Woodhead.  The last time the Pats played the Vikings they threw the entire game (only eight rushes before the game was decided in the 4th).  I'd expect the same this week, which means a lot of Woodhead.

It's about time for one of the Miami backs to become relevant, no?

How does Jon Kitna change what we expect from the Dallas guys?  The Jaguars at home may be the easiest game on the rest of the slate.  It's now or never.  I love Jason Witten this week.

I'm interested in Matt Stafford to see if he can be as good or better than Shaun Hill, and how his presence effects Calvin.

What about the revival of the passing game in Buffalo?  Is Ryan Fitzpatrick the only fantasy relevant Fitz?  I'd still take Larry by a wide margin.  I'd play Steve Johnson this week though.

Not exactly a get well game for New Orleans against Pittsburgh.

How will the Colts running game shake out with no Addai?  What will the split be with Hart/Brown?

What does Troy Smith do to Gore, Davis, and Crabtree?

How long will it take until the Titans are up 17 on San Diego?

There is a lot of buzz about Beanie Wells right now.  You have to like him this weke against Tampa.  I think a huge game is in store.

Speaking of running back in that game.  I think we will get a pretty clear idea of what the Bucs have in store for us in the second half of the season in reagrds to their backfield (Blount/Williams).

Finally, the Favre/T-Jack siutation.  Does Chilly let Favre play the whole game?  If Jackson comes in, can he help the situation of Vikings' fantasy owners?

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: