Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trade analysis

I just made my second trade of the year today, and wanted to post my thoughts.  My first trade was last week when a competing owner (and defending champion of the league, so he's no slouch) gave me Ronnie Brown for LaGarrette Blount.  Not sure ahy that happened, and I'm not the biggest Ronnie Brown guy, but Blount was inacitve Sunday, right?

Anyway, I dealt Malcom Floyd and Darren McFadden for Austin Collie and Ryan Torain.  From my side, I had been rolling with LaDainian Tomlinson and Mike Tolbert as my two RBs for the last few weeks since D-Mac went down with his hammy.  I also have the $39 Shonn Greene on my bench (neat).  Obviously, I needed a #2 RB badly, and Torain was the only one I knew of that was being actively shopped.  Floyd hurts to lose, but, let's be honest, I just dealt two injured guys.  Who know when they will retun and what roles they will step into at that point.  My WRs are in decent shape with Andre Johnson, Collie, my man Danario, Dez Bryant and Aaron Hernandez.  I'd love a #2 guy to fit in between my trio of #3's and Andre, and Floyd was that guy.  But, I do have a surplus at QB (Romo, Favre, Eli) from which to deal from at fill that hole, and it's a two QB league so Favre and Eli do have great value.  I just find that it is easier to pry a #2 WR away in a trade than a #2 RB, so I secured the RB and will shop for the WR in a couple weeks after Eli's bye week.

Think I did okay here?  Obvioulsy there is risk.  Torain is no lock, and the opposing owner (who consistently brings it in this league) certainly sold high on Collie.

Cheers,
TFAM

1 comment:

Matt said...

What? No update?

I spoke with the other owner in this scenario last night, btw. He was well pleased.