Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sneaky Pickups

I'm there are a lot of names with different values to talk about for pickups this week, and certainly some adds will depend, as always, on roster size.

Sidney Rice and Vincent Jackson could see action in a month.  Now would be the time to be ahead of the curve on these two.  I'm not sure which I'd want more, the one who isn't healthy or the one who is locked in a mutual hatefest with his own team.

Jacoby Jones is interesting.  Kevin Walter was an afterthought in the Texans last game.

LaGarrette Blount is the pickup of the week.  As I wrote yesterday, he went for 11-72 in the second half alone Sunday busting tackles and running hard in the process.  The Bucs are going to be looking toward the future at the end of the season, and I keep writing this, but they play the Lions and Bills in the fantasy playoffs.

Chester Taylor is a very nice add in a TD heavy format with the news breaking this week that the team plans to use him at the goal line.

Anthony Gonzalez is out there in many leagues, and should be added at least for a week to see if he is healthy and good enough to fill the Austin Collie/Dallas Clark void.

Finally, I don't really know what to do with these two guys, but Steve Johnson has scored five times in his last four games for Buffalo.  I'd rather have him than Lee Evans, I think, and David Gettis came out of nowhere for 8-125-2 against the hapless 49ers.  I'd take Johnson over Gettis, but I would add both if I had the room.  Remember, it's better to be ahead of the curve and be wrong than be behind the curve and wrong (or right, I guess) in fantasy football.  If you were behind the curve last year you missed out on Jamaal Charles and Miles Austin thinking that their breakouts were flukes.  Same with Peyton Hills this year.  Johnson or Gettis could be good.  We just don't know yet.  Heck, I'm behind the curve on Steve Johnson, clearly, and I'm mad about it.

Cheers,
TFAM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sucks to be ahead of the curve, and probably not be able to reap the rewards :-)