Saturday, June 5, 2010

AP (Almost Panicked?)

I was perusing some ESPN content the other day, and I was intrigued by a headline of one of Mel Kiper's columns.  To paraphrase, he feels that Toby Gerhart will be an impact rookie in the NFL this season.  Now, impact can certainly be defined in many different ways and doesn't necessarily indicate volume.  Still, I'm very aware that the Vikings traded up in the draft to nab the Stanford runner.

Kiper cited Gerhart's nose for the end zone in college (he scored 28 times lat season alone) and Peterson's fumbling issues as reasons for him to make his impact.  I have to admit, I've also been thinking that a goal line sniper may turn out to be Gerhart's 2010 role.  Not good for AP's fantasy value.  Throw in the fumbles and the fact that we don't know anything yet about Favre, and there is only one way Peterson's stock can go between now and draft day and it isn't up.

So, I'm almost panicked, especially as an owner of AP in a dynasty league.  Then, I remember that Peterson is the best runner in the NFL, and I calm myself.  A little.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: