Saturday, June 19, 2010

Let the Kubiaking Begin!

If you read my stuff in 2009, you know that my feelings about Texans coach Gary Kubiak are akin to my feelings about tomoatoes as a young boy.  I don't like it, and if you force it down my throat I'm likely going to vomit on the table.  Kubiak went through starting running backs like Heidi Montag went though botox last year, completely filling the Shanahan void in the NFL.

As you know, Mike Shanahan is back in the league this year, and wouldn't you know it, Kubiak raced out to the early lead in the running back shuffle contest circa 2010, annoucning that Arian Foster is currently his number one tailback.  Of course, Kubiak has the electric Steve Slaton on his roster and the overhyped yet intriguing rookie Ben Tate, so why wouldn't he opt for the third most talented back on his roster in Foster to carry the load?  I'm setting the over/under at 4.5 for the number of different starting running back changes in Houston between now and the end of Spetember.  Any takers?

It won't be the last time I say it, but I can guarantee you I will not be drafting a Texans running back come August.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: