Friday, August 27, 2010

Ranking movers and shakers

As you know, I finished all of my rankings yesterday, but it has been a couple weeks since I started with the QBs, and much has changed.  With that in mind, here are the players whose value has changed in my mind since I published my original rankings in the various positions.

Matt Leinart, Beanie Wells, Larry Fitzgerald
I'm in absolute panic mode on the Cards offense.  I was down on Larry due to the Hot Tub Time Machine anyway, but I have a rule to not draft running backs linked to terrible quarterbacking if I can help it.  Beanie is sliding down my rankings, as far as 14 or 15 in my mind.  Leinart moves off the QB board.

Laurent Robinson
With Donnie Avery lost to the Rams WR corps, Robinson becomes an interesting late flier, especially if Sam Bradford wins the job.  Slot in Robinson at that 34 spot in my rankings.

Leon Washington
The news out of Seattle is that he's currently number one on their RB depth chart.  That means Leon moves well up the ranks, while Forsett drops considerably.  They are both in the 30s now, and I'd rather have Leon, though the situation seems like a stayaway to me.

Laurence Maroney
Speaking of stayaways, Maroney is completely AWOL in the Pats rushing attack.  I'd put Sammy Morris in his spot at 44, but this backfield is absolutely musical chairs.

Arian Foster
I know I'm going to regret this, but I may be falling for another Texan running back.  With Ben Tate out, and Slaton returning kicks, it appears as though Foster is the guy.  I think we can safely slot him in at that 24 spot in the ranks.

Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian
The receiving thing is obvious, as Rice and Harvin aren't really interesting to me at all, while Berrian gets a slight jump, maybe ten spots or so from 47 to the high thirties.  I think Favre's value suffers slightly, though he is still number eight to me, and AP will be fine.

Jermichael Finley
I dropped him last year in my dynasty league in week one for Vernon DavisDavis helped me capture a crown, but I'd switch back in a heartbeat right now.  Finley is my new number one tight end.

Tomorrow (morning, maybe even tonight) I'm going to try and hit the overall top 50 and take a look at third year WRs.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: