Tuesday, December 21, 2010

As Seen on TV

Does it matter anymore what I saw on TV?  I mean, if you're still alive in Week 16 you're a better fantasy player than I in 2010 and you should probably be sending me YOUR columns.  Of course, most of those columns would say, just add Mike Vick in Week 1 and you're golden.  Actually, one guy in a league I play in drafted Vick, and yes, he's the favorite in the Fantasy Bowl this week.

Anyway...

Tim Tebow is worth playing, for the rushing yards and TDs alone.  He plays Houston this week, and should be a top 10 QB option.

There is nothing to fear about the Vikings defense Sunday night.  Start all your Eagles with confidence.  That group looks cooked.

Matt Flynn, I apologize, but Rodgers should be back this week.

Don't get too excited about Rex and those Redskins.  I thought they were awful for much of that game, and the Jags should handle them Sunday.

LaGarrette Blount scored, but he was not in the game at the goal line.  They don't have a goal line back right now that they trust besdies Josh Freeman.

And Maurice Morris is clearly the Lions goal line back.  He's a decent play against Miami this week.

CJ Spiller had 11 touches Sunday.  He could be a sneaky pickup this week if you need a flex paly against New England.  There should be some points to be had in that game provided the weather cooperates.

This shouldn't be breaking news, but Ronnie Brown is ahead of Ricky Williams.  It'll be interesting to see what happens to those guys in the offseason.  I bet at least one won't be back.

Jamaal Charles 11-126, Thomas Jones 22-62.  I needed to mention that one more time this year.  I understand the need for rest, but the number or carries should be 2-to-1 in favor of Charles at the very least.

The Rams are going to be a fantasy gold mine for WRs in the near future.  I believe in Sam Bradford.

Tashard Choice > Felix Jones.  We've known this all year, right?  Goodbye, Marion Barber.

Jacob Tamme is more of a factor when Austin Collie is not in the game.  He's a nice play this week against Oakland.

No sneaky pickups tomorrow, so go get Morris, Spiller and Tamme.  I'm going to write my bowl column tomorrow or Thursday instead highlighting players you should be watching in the college bowl games that will be making an impact in fantasy leagues last year.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: