Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday hunch

I'm watching an interesting report by Ed Werder (who always does great work) on ESPN right now about the Chiefs.  Seems they will not let bygones be bygones in regards to the beating they took at Mile High Stadium a few weeks back.  If you remember, Chiefs coach Todd Haley wouldn't shake Josh McDaniels hand, feeling the Broncos ran up the score on his Chiefs.  Incidentally, that may mean Haley doesn't have Dwayne Bowe on his fantasy team (as has been suspected in light of Bowe's recent Jerry Rice impression), becuase said running up the score was very good for the fantasy numbers of Bowe and Matt Cassel, who put together one of the all time garbage performance games that day as a result.  Anyway, should we expect the Chiefs to keep the foot on the gas today if they get a nice lead over Denver?  This one should be a shootout.

I have a few other hunches today as we move into must win terrotory for many fantasy teams out there.

I have a hunch, and I know the stats don't back this up, that the Bears struggle today.  Not sure why, I just smell it.  I know you're salivating with the Lions matchup, but I'm just saying, I don't think Cutler, Knox and Forte are must plays today.

I also have a hunch Anthony Dixon outscores Brian Westbrook the rest of the way.  Today though, the Niners are likely to be playing from behind against Green Bay, so I'd stick with Westbrook.

Speaking of the rest of the way, I'm in favor of Mike Hart over Donald Brown today and for the rest of the season.  Just make sure Hart plays before you lock him in.  It's a late game.

Danario Alexander is scoring today.

You want a sleeper today?  How about Derek Hagan of the Giants?  The Redskins defense is in big trouble.

Speaking of the Redskins, if you want to roll the dice, Ryan Torain is inactive (as expected) you want to play Shanahan roulette with James Davis?

Also out today are Percy Harvin, Brandon Marshall, and Pierre ThomasAdrian Peterson is in.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: