Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just thinkin' about tomorrow

I've already got my eye on Cameron Newton in my dynasty draft next year.  He's awfully impressive, and I think he and Andrew Luck are both going to be impact fantasy QBs down the road.  Newton's better than Tim Tebow was, that's for sure.

Anyway, Week 13 is the week of the running back as far as storylines go.  No fewer than 10 NFL teams have running back situations that are a bit muddled at the moment.  I'll be keeping an eye on all ten tomorrow.  In no particular order...

Dallas loses Marion Barber, so what does that do for Tashard Choice?

Washington is permaflux capacitor this point, but Ryan Torain is a game time decision, and James Davis has been creeping up the depth chart.  This one week after we thought Keiland Williams was an emerging talent.

San Diego has the ever injured Ryan Mathews and the newly dinged Mike Tolbert.  I like Mathews if Tolbert doesn't go and it's a great matchup, but I can't LOVE a guy with that ankle situation.

Adrian Peterson looks like a go for Minnesota, and you have to play him, let's just hope he makes it through the game.  Gerhart is incidentlally a great start if AP sits.

Is Pierre Thomas coming back for New Orleans?  I'll believe it when I see it.  Has Reggie Bush recovered from that tryptophan coma he was in 10 days ago?

What will be the distribution between Westbrook and Dixon in the San Francisco backfield?

Jacobs, Bradsahw, Bradsahw, Jacobs.  Neither?  Both?  I say both.  It's the Redskins!  Flex plays.

Do we really have to pay attention to Maurice Morris?

I think Mike Hart is your guy in the Indy backfield, and he could be really interesting down the stretch.  Careful though, it's a late game and Hart is questionable.

I think this is the week that Jon Stewart emerges over Mike Goodson in the Pathers backfield.  Stewart was huge in the fantasy playoffs last year, BTW.

That's ten.  My favorite non RB storyline of the week?  The continuing emergence of Rams WR Danario Alexander.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: