Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sneaky Pickups

And it has come to this.

Really, this is no more a pickups column than it is a eulogy of my season in one of my leagues.  I made the playoffs in two of three leagues, but one team is almost certainly bowing out this week.  Why am I so confident?  Well, remember way back in August when I was touting two QB leagues as the only way to play fantasy football?  Well, I'm singing a different tune now after hitching my season to Vince Young's shoulder pads and Matt Cassel's useless appendages for my playoff run.  Yep, it may be Kerry Collins and Brody Croyle (yes, he of the 0-9 career record as an NFL starter) driving my clown car into the ground this week in my most important league.  Such is life when you do play two QB football and all the guys are taken, and shame on me for not putting myself in a better position.  I mean, we all saw this appendectomy coming, right?

Anyway, James Davis, Tashard Choice, and James Starks all popped up this week as viable fantasy options going forward at the running back position.  If I had to rank them I'd go Choice, Starks, Davis, mostly because the Cowboys miraculously have fewer cooks in the kitchen right now than the Packers or Redskins.

However, the real sneaky pickup this week may lie at the WR position, as Roy Williams may once again rise to fantasy prominance the rest of the way.  With Dez Bryant out, Williams gets Philly, Washington and Arizona the next three weeks, which sets up pretty nicely.  I think he's an add in every league right now.

Good luck, and think of me when the Colts are wiping with Kerry Collins towel tomorrow night.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: