Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fantasy baseball overall player rankings

I have no idea how far this list is going to go, it may be 20, it may get to 100, we'll see what happens.  Note my biases in the rankings and adjust them if your biases differ in any way.  I like young players with upside, I need K's from my pitchers, and I value big numbers more than positional scarcity.  I may comment in sections, but I have a comment on every player in the positional rankings that you can find in my archives.

1.  Albert Pujols
2.  Hanley Ramirez -- Wouldn't shock me to see him finish out of the top five.  Speed is trending in the wrong direction, and average will be hard to duplicate.  Plus, Hanley is prone to getting nicked up.  Still, clear number two choice right now.
3.  Chase Utley
4.  Alex Rodriguez -- Utley's average gives him the edge, but it's close.
5.  Ryan Braun -- Bankable stats across the board.
6.  David Wright -- I think .320-25-100-100-20 is happening this year.  He's pissed.
7.  Evan Longoria -- Wright's average and speed wins out, but Evan is going to be a monster.
8.  Miguel Cabrera -- The batting average separates him from the rest of the 1Bs.  3-8 is very close.
9.  Tim Lincicum -- He and Halladay are so close.
10.  Roy Halladay
11.  Matt Kemp -- He needs to do it one more time to be the best of the best.
11. Prince Fielder
12.  Mark Teixeira
13.  Ryan Howard
14.  Matt Holliday
15.  Justin Upton
16.  Joe Mauer
17.  Felix Hernandez
18.  Carl Crawford
19.  Ian Kinsler -- He starts fast, Tulo starts slow.
20.  Troy Tulowitzki
21.  Grady Sizemore -- I believe in a bounceback.
22.  Zack Grienke
23.  Justin Verlander
24.  Curtis Granderson
25.  Dan Haren -- Also an incredibly fast starter.
26.  Adrian Gonzalez
27.  Pablo Sandoval
28.  Jimmy Rollins
29.  Kendry Morales
30.  Justin Morneau
31.  CC Sabathia
32.  Derek Jeter
33.  Adam Wainwright
34.  Jon Lester
35.  Dustin Pedroia
36.  Jacoby Ellsbury -- Because I can find speed later.  Expensive speed without power is dangerous.  Come to think about it, Crawford may be a little high.
37.  Mark Reynolds
38.  Ichiro
39.  Kevin Youkilis
40.  Jose Reyes -- At some point, he has to be worth the gamble.  If he missed only April, he's worth it here.
41.  Ryan Zimmerman
42.  Joey Votto
43.  Adam Lind
44.  Robinson Cano
45.   Jason Bay
46.  Johan Santana
47.  Josh Johnson
48.  Cliff Lee
49.  Victor Martinez -- Value is better than this in a two catcher league...he may be 10-15 spots higher.  McCann may be top 50 too in such a league.
50.  S. Choo

I guess it is 50.  For the rest of may rankings, you can see how I rank each guy at their respective positions.  Good luck all.  I have my two keeper drafts this weekend.  The only player I own in both leagues heading into the weekend?  Dustin Pedroia.  One player I hope to own in both leagues by the end of the weekend?  David Wright.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: