Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday Five

I wrote a couple months ago about Tiger Woods, with my main points being, he's coming back, and he is very likely to do so before Augusta.  I'm still in that mindset, and very hopeful (though not quite as sure), that we'll be seeing Eldrick on that second weekend in April.  Why so hopeful?  I just want to watch the man play golf again.  I'll let the Five explain...

Steve Scott wasn't the first to see this fist pump, but it was the first time I'd seen it, when Tiger came back from being five down in the morning and two down with three to play.  Of course, one of those three was the 17th at Pumpkin Ridge.  It's at the 2:10 mark of this clip.

This insane 8 iron last year at Firestone was played into a false front tiered greeen where long, short and right were a problem.  Not for Tiger though.  Harrington made 8.  I can't even birdie this hole on the video game.

I love the crowd shots in this incredible clip of his ace at 16 in Phoenix. To be able to do this in front of that crowd. Well, it must be Tiger.

I remember watching this moment, which Roger Maltbie called, "Better than most".  You know who Tiger played with that Saturday in 2001?  Mickelson, who wilted away, going 72-77 on the weekend in the face of Tiger's 66-67.

Lanny and Verne couldn't believe their eyes in 2005.  Neither could Chris DiMarco, who lost to Tiger in a playoff that day.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: