Tuesday, November 23, 2010

As Seen on TV

So, an owner in one of my leagues had the audacity to call me out (as the commissioner) for not adjusting his lineup appropriately for this week when he said the website wouldn't allow him to set his lineup.  The problem was that he already had Chester Taylor and Devone Bess started Thursday (yeah, his team is terrible) and (surprise!) it wouldn't let him take them out after they had already played.  Yet somehow it was my fault for not chaning his lineup?  I suppose it was my fault too for the eight players he started on bye weeks in the four previous weeks?  Where has this guy been, Africa?

As it turns out, he has been in Africa, but that is beside the point.  Leagues where owners are absent aren't fun at best and they're unfair at their worst.  An owner who doesn;t manage their team actually can alter where the money ends up just as much as a powerhouse team can.  It is a total joke, and I'm embarrassed to be a part of the league.  Next year, that league goes and a new keeper league begins.  I'm taking applications...

Anyway, here's what I saw watching the games this Sunday when I wasn't sending texts taunting my buddy about starting Randy Moss.  He said I told him too.....yeah, right?  Wait, I did?

Interesting to see Jackie Battle steal a goal line carry in Kansas City for the second game in a row.  I think I'm done expecting a Jamaal Charles breakout.

Just looked this up today.  Top five WRs this year?  White, Lloyd, Bowe, Owens, Calvin.

Perfect reason why you put more value in #1 WRs.  Larry Fitzgerald gets a garbage TD on the last play of a 31-13 loss.  Why?  Because he's Larry Fitzgerald.  Teams try to feed these guys their stats.

Brandon Jacobs and Marion Barber, fraternal twins doomed to the same fantasy fate.  Mediocre short yardage backs on teams that throw inside the five.

Very nice to see a one yard TD from Ray Rice.  Sell high?  No way, Tampa, Houston, New Orleans, Cleveland coming up.  Only Pitt in week 13 to worry about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Goodson play for the rest of the year...22-120 against Baltimore is no joke either.

Back to Keiland Williams in Washington, but 23-68 is not inspiring.

It figures that Cedric Benson would have his best game when everyone starts pimping Bernard Scott.

I'm ready to say LaGarrette Blount isn't very good.  It doesn't mean he can't be a useful fantasy guy (still love the playoff sked) but I've seen him stuffed too often at the goal line (including two straight carries Sunday) to make me that excited.

Mulligan for Troy Smith.  I'd buy low on Gore and Vernon if I didn't have them already.

Chris Ivory gets the goal line (and just about everything else) in New Orleans. Proof that this game can be almost improssible to call.

Kyle Orton looked awful last night.  If you pass 65% of the time though, the stats will come.  I'd be careful of Orton in a keeper league though.

Vincent Jackson returns Sunday night.

I'm still starting LT over Shonn.  It's the catches (7-71) and the fact that he'll still get the goal line.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: