Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just thinkin' about...today?

Amidst the foot of snow and the 86 I shot at St. Andrew's yesterday (it was sim golf, but I was still pleased), I pulled off a major trade in my dynasty league sending away Peyton Hillis and Mike Crabtree for Larry Fitzgerald.  I know Fitz is down this year, but that won't continue to be the case, right?  Hillis undoubtedly is at the peak of his value right now, and while I like him, there are few guarantees with his future.  Of course, the last time I wrote about a trade I made I was struck by the fantasy gods' bolt of lightning hours later, so I'm expecting Fitz to shatter his pelvis today.

Other than shattered pelves here are the biggest Week 10 storylines in my mind that we should all be following.

Two struggling quarterbacks face significantly different challenges.  Matt Schaub has his now or never game against the Jags, and Tom Brady steps into the lion's den in Pittsburgh.  Only one will come out alive.  Or something like that.  I actually think Brady plays well today.

And getting back to Peyton Hillis, he gets the second best run defense in the league today in the Jets.

In the same game, the Jets are hinting that we are going to see more Shonn Greene down the stretch.  I bet LT keeps the goal line, making both questionable plays.

Can we trust Crabtree, Frank Gore and Vernon Davis in the hands of Troy SmithSmith has had two weeks to prepare, so we should find out.

What exactly are we supposed to do with the Arizona running game?

What impact will Jason Garrett have on Dallas?  Doesn't Miles Austin have to be more involved today?  I'm also curious to know if the running game will be status quo.

Shaun Hill is back for the Lions.  That offense really didn't miss a beat earlier in the season, and I'm not expecting anything different know.

Randy Moss will impact the Titans today.  I would bet on a score and a nice offensive performance.

LeGarrette Blount gets the Panthers and a chance to seal his grasp on that job.  Will the Bucs turn to Caddy in the first half again or turn over the keys immediately.

Monday night McNabb returns home to face the Eagles, and while most people will be talking about McNabb and Vick, I'm more interested in Torain, and the update on Clinton Portis.

I'll be back in an hour with the Sunday hunch.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: