Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sneaky Pickups and Turkey Time

How are you feeling about Rusty Smith?  Yeah, me too, but the Texans are on the schedule twice in the next four weeks for the Titans, and the Texans are the golden goose for opposing passing games.  If there was ever a time to play Rusty, it's this week, and I'm going to say he's available.  Two QB leagues only please!  Also, Kerry Collins is probably out there, and if you want to add and stash for the playoffs, he should get the Texans at home in Week 15.

Who else may be available?  How about Tashard Choice?  I've talked him up here before, but Felix Jones os hurt and the Cowboys offense it rolling again.  I think Choice is at least a marginal starter if Felix doesn't play.

Two more guys that are surley available that can help in the passing game are Brian Hartline and Jimmy GrahamHartline takes over the role as the number one WR in Miami with Brandon Marshall hamstrung for at least a couple of weeks.  I know Bess is still in play there, but he's forever a number two as a slot guy.  Hartline has topped 70 yards in three straight with Marshall there and has five catches in four of his last five games.  If Chad Henne plays, I think Hartline can be a good yardage play down the stretch.  Graham may not be a household name, but he's huge (6'8) and he's starting to produce as a tight end in a pass heavy offense (New Orleans).  Over his past two games, Graham has eight grabs for 121 yards and a score and is becoming more involved.  Remember, Jeremy Shockey is not expected to play tomorrow against Dallas.

Who do I like tomorrow?  I think both Patriots running backs are in play, but I'd shy away from Detroit's tandem.  I like both the Saints and Cowboys passing games a lot, and think that Dallas' running game is in play too.  As far as the night game, I guess LT is a starter and you almost have to start Santonio right now, but I'm seeing fewer points in that one that the early games.

Happy Thanksgiving,
TFAM

No comments: