Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sneaky pickups

There's about as much love for the gentlemen on the waiver wire right now as there is for Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan from all the owners who started Ryan Torian Monday night needing a few scant yards to earn a vital win in their respective leagues.  In other words.  We hate the waiver options this week and we hate Shanahan.

Check that, I hate Shanahan.

Anyway, there isn't much out there outside of Keiland Williams and Clinton Portis, but I can hardly recommend them if there's a goose egg looming when their coach pulls out the rug on you.  There's also Mike Goodson, and we learned today that DeAngelo Williams is out for the year.  Still, with that Vaughn character stealing the goal line and Jonathan Stewart still potentially in the mix, anyone who is playing meaningful games this time of year probably shouldn't be counting on Goodson.

Mainly, may I remind you that I wrote about handcuffs last week?  There is still time to do this, and I can virtually guarantee one stud RB is going down in the next couple of weeks.  I know you're all gamblers by nature, but I'd be adding these guys if I were you.  I'd also add Jerome Harrison to the list I published last week after his impressive Monday night performance.

Speaking of handcuffs, Cedric Benson didn't practice today.  Bernard Scott anyone?

As for receivers, is it time to just start any speculation play against the Texans?  Mike Thomas is the latest, but the Texans have allowed Seyi Ajirotutu and Thomas to go off in recent weeks and are the 32nd rated pass defense in the NFL.  Here's to the Jets this week.  With Cotchery out that's good news for Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and possibly Brad Smith or whoever is going to fill that #3 WR role.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: