Monday, January 18, 2010

As Seen on TV

Stunning result in San Diego yesterday.  I'm with Mike Lombardi, I can't believe the Chargers weren't able to make some big plays down the field.  Credit the Jets defense, but the Chargers are going to regret this one for a while.  With that offense, they would have gladly given the Jets 17 and taken their chances.

As for the fantasy scene, we got a glimpse at the future of the running back position for eight different teams this weekend.  Let's break them down one by one...

New Orleans
How about Reggie Bush?  Where has that power running been?  Bush made himself some money and may be back in New Orleans next season.  With Lynell Hamilton now stealing touchdowns, this is going to be a backfield to avoid again in 2010.  Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Arizona
I would expect both Hightower and Wells to be back ans splitting work again next year.  However, Wells has proven enough to get an expanded role in year two.  Plus, if Warner retires, the role of the running game becomes key.  I like Wells a lot for 2010.

Baltimore
Ray Rice is a beast.  Wouldn't surprise me if the team let go of McGahee and allowed Rice to be the workhorse in 2010.  He could be the top scorer in fantasy if he got the goal line looks.

Indy
I'm still not sold on Donald Brown.  His first round status is only going to carry him so far.  He needs to produce.  I actually like what I see out of Mike Hart more than BrownAddai is still the guy here for me.

Dallas
Barber is obviously going to cede a large chuck of the PT to Felix, but, like I have been writing, I still think Barber can be a 10-12 TD guy.  When it comes to committee backfields, I try and avoid the yardage guys as much as possible.  I'll take the touchdown guy evry time.  Plus, Barber will be cheaper than Felix next year.  Finally, I'd still like to see Choice moved so he can show his talents more regularily.

Minnesota
When are we going to see AP break off another big one?  Chester is a free agent when the season ends, BTW.

New York Jets
It wasn't surprising to see Shonn Greene play well these last two weeks.  To me, the surprise was that the Jets gave him that much of an opportunity with everything on the line  Most teams wouldn't switch it up that late in the season.  Anyway, clearly Greene is the guy you want in this backfield next year.  Jones will probably play a Willis McGahee type role in New York next season.

San Diego
Have we seen the last of LT?  Most people don't think he'll be back in San Diego.  What next?  I doubt the team would make Sproles a feature back.  I fully expect the Chargers to go out and get a guy in the off-season, be it in the draft (Dwyer?) or free agency.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: