Sunday, January 17, 2010

Felix and 500

I think the key to the Cowboys-Vikes game today will be Felix Jones.  I know Barber isn't going to gash us (yes, I'm wearing my purple Cris Carter jersey today), but Felix makes me nervous with Jasper Brinkley playing middle linebacker.  If Minnesota slows down Jones, they'll win the game.  I expect slowing the pass rush to be an issue for both teams, making the running game significant.  Whoever runs better wins.

Speaking of Jones, the Cowboys backfield will be an interesting storyline to follow this off-season.  Will they bring back all three guys?  With Jones and Barber being almost perfect compliments for each other I wonder if they'll try to get a second round draft pick for Tashard Choice.  I could see him as a starter in Detroit, Seattle, New England, Houston, Washington, Chicago, Tampa, and Green Bay.  I believe Choice is more talented than any back on any of those rosters.

The second game today won't be as close, I don't think.  Phil Rivers has applied for a patent for the playground game 500, and I expect we'll see it a lot today with the Jets corners.  The Chargers WRs are too big and talented to stop in this one, and Rivers is so goo at giving them a chance to make a play.  Once the Jets get down 10 points, it will be almost impossible for them to come back with their passing game.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: