Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fantasy Golf

Not sure how any of you are into fantasy golf, but I thought I'd take some time to do a short post on the golf league that I am running this year.  I actually got the idea from my buddy Matt, who plays in a similar league with his buddies.  It is very simple.

The league will begin Thursday with the season's first event, the SBS Championship in Hawaii, and end with the TOUR Championship in September. The weeks that have more than one tournament we will be using the tournament with the highest purse.  That way we play the Open Championship at St. Andrews rather than the Reno-Tahoe Open in Reno.  Yep, I thought that was the way to go.

Each week I will send out a spreadsheet on Monday with all the players, picks, etc. All my fellow owners have to do is email me back with the name of their ONE golfer for the week. Each owner's pick for the week will earn them the amount of prize money that that player earns for the week.  We can only pick one golfer each week, and we MAY ONLY PICK EACH PLAYER ONCE during the season. All I have to do is enter the name of each owner's pick and tally up the prize money that they win. See, it's pretty simple.

My pick for this week?  I considered Stricker, the top ranked player in the field, and Ogilvy, the defending champ, but I think I'm down to Kenny Perry and Stephen Ames.  Both have played resonably well at Kapalua and I want to save Stricker and Sean O'Hair for the bigger money events later.
 
Questions on fantasy golf?  Let me know.
 
Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: