Monday, September 27, 2010

As Seen on TV

Tomorrow, I'm righting my wrongs with my mea culpa column.  I've highlighted my hits so far this season, but I need to talk about my misses too and try and figure out what went wrong.  Mike Singletary, I'm looking directly at you.

Today, what I saw watching a full slate yesterday.

With all the Favre bashing going on I feel the need to write that I think he's just as good as he was last year.  No panicking yet, trust me.

Another day, another thrashing of Thomas Jones in YPC by Jamaal Charles.  Worth noting that Jones got the goal line.

Does Michael Crabtree even exist?  I'd say he's close to droppable in redraft leagues.  Let's see if the coordinator change does anything.

Peyton Hillis runs hard.  He's a top 20 back the rest of the way.

The Jets look very dangerous.  If Sanchez plays like that, Holmes, Edwards, Keller and LT are going to have value.

Austin Collie's stats were good, but is he just a product of Manning?  For one, who cares?  Two, he's not, he's the real deal.

It's Maroney that you want in Denver.  Got the goal line carries too.

You just can't play a New England running back, can you?

Can you play a New Orleans receiver?  Brees is not going to favor anyone, and it's starting to get old quickly for Marques Colston owners.

Marion Barber 17 carries, Felix seven, and Barber gets the goal line.  Jones is very droppable...he's about to get injured anyway.

Dez Bryant still looks much more explosive than Roy Williams on TV.

Why do the Lions wait until the fourth quarter every game to get Calvin Johnson the ball?  He should have twice the targets he's getting each game.  Embarrassing.

I think Mike Wallace could be huge when Roethlisberger comes back.

Ryan Torain > Keiland Williams.  Noted.

LeGarrette Blount > Kareem Huggins.  Also.

Sunday illustrated why you can't play Vince Young.  When he plays well, his teams wins and his fantasy numbers stink.  When he plays poorly, he gets yanked.

Jonathon Stewart got the goal line in Carolina.  If he gets them all neither of those guys is really playable with how much that offense is going to struggle.  Would you trade me Peyton Hillis for DeAngelo Williams?  I'll take it.

Kenneth Darby looked okay yesterday, and I'd play him against Seattle next week if S-Jax is out.

Mike Tolbert even got more catches than Sproles?  Yeah, I was dead wrong there.  At least Tolbert didn't score and make me look even worse.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: