Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BMW Championship

I'll be honest, the vultures are circling over my interest in fantasy golf for the 2010 season, and I'm even in a championship match in my auction league this weekend.  It's football season, and golf is only for my wayward driver this time of year, not for my eyes through HD.

That said, I have to post something right?  I'm not interested in reader revolt.  However, you can bety that there will only be two more golf posts in 2010 after this one.  The Tour Championship will be covered in two weeks, and I'll reveal my picks for the Ryder Cup confidence game I'm playing for the first week in October.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who is a good bet to play well in Illinois this week.  Tiger has owned the course (five titles, two seconds at the event formerly known as the Western Open), Furyk has none top 10s in 14 starts, and Villegas has a win and two other top 10s the last three years.  Add those guys to the red hot Jason Day, Steve Stricker, Matt Kuchar, Adam Scott, Luke Donald and Dustin Johnson, and you have your favorites.

One guy who hasn't played well here is Mickelson, who is remarkably without a top 10 finish in 12 starts at this event.

Most Talent
Woods
Mickelson
McIlroy
Els
Stricker

Course History
Woods
Furyk
Villegas
V. Singh
T. Clark

Who's Hot?
Day
Donald
D. Johnson
Kuchar
Stricker

Who's Not?
Kim
Choi
Moore
O'Hair
Poulter

My Picks
Woods
Villegas
Stricker
Day
Kuchar

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: