Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mea Culpa

There isn't anyone in the business that comes close to 100 % accuracy on their predictions (except the guys I play every week who pummel me, apparently), and I am certainly no different.  Here's where I appear to have gone awry in 2010.

About that Shonn Greene pick....
Clearly LT is the main option right now for the JETS.  Greene isn't ready to be the runner we saw in the playoffs.  I'd hold onto him, but I'm not in a rush to trade for Greene unless it's a keeper league.

Cavin Johnson is not the number two fantasy WR
He has that talent, but the coaching staff is not aware of that just yet.  I'm not sure why they don't target him when the outcome of games isn't in the balance.  I meant to say that Miles Austin was the number two guy.

Mike Singletary cannot coach
I think there's still gold in San Francisco, but this has nothing to do with their football team.

Sproles over Tolbert?
Yeah, not so much.  Forget I ever said that.  Ryan Mathews too, is not looking like a first rounder.  I'd hold Mathews and dump Sproles.

Free Mike Vick
I guess he's the man, right?  Kolb has no chance, barring injury, of being fantasy relevant this year as long as the Eagles are in the hunt.

Devin Aromashodu is clearly a better option than Malcom Floyd.  Wait, what?
Yeah, I said that too.  Aromashodu must be a real clown to be deactivated this soon after what he did at the end of last season, which even carried over to week one.  Floyd is the real deal as long as Jackson is out.

Yep, those appear to be my missteps so far.  There will be more too.  Hey, I'm not the guy who only talks about being right.  We all know fantasy success comes from being able to adjust on the fly as much as it does from being able to draft what looks like a good squad.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: