Saturday, September 18, 2010

Just thinkin' about tomorrow

Here are the NFL storylines I'll be following tomorrow for the Week 2 action.  As a sidenote, get your chatroll questions in early, as I'm heading to the Metrodome for my first live NFL game in over a decade.  I'm skeptical, mainly because I'm missing the important fantasy storylines...

Anyway...

I'm interested to see how that Bears offense functions on the road.  Lost in the craziness in DC last Sunday night was the small fact that the Cowboys defense was fierce.  These aren't the Lions this week, Jay Cutler.

Speaking of the Lions, Michael Vick is going to be started in virtually every league this week.  Will it be worth it?  You have to think so, it is the Lions and they have a horrendous fantasy defense.  Still, I smell something here.

Really, the number one question on all of our minds is will Todd Haley put and end to the charade and turn Jamaal Charles loose?  I really do hate Todd Haley for this.

Encore Arian Foster?  Washington shut down the Dallas run game last week.

The Jets should be able to run on the Pats.  Sadly, this likley means LT is going to bury SG even further in the ground.

The weather should be great, after all, it's San Diego, and the Chargers are going to show us tomorrow what we should expect from that offense going forward.

Ditto Atlanta, what we see is what we'll get.  It doesn't get better than a marginal defense (Arizona) at home.  It's show me time.

How much will John Kuhn torment those who blew it out on Brandon Jackson this week?  Should be interesting.

Hillis or Harrison?  I hope they both hit 200 yards against Todd Haley.

Two of many people's preseason faves (mine too), the Colts and the Niners get primetime home games against very good teams and bot need to rebound badly.  I like both to play well this week.  I'm starting Alex Smith and Michael Crabtree with confidence...for one more week at least.  They do make me nervous, but that Saints defense can be exposed.  With the Colts, I want to see their run defense more than anything.

If Steven Jackson doesn't produce a monster this week, he's no longer worth an every week start.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: