Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday hunch

The Sunday hunch is back to hit you up with a few things that I think are going to happen this week in fantasy football that others may not be predicting.  I try to go off the board a bit.  For those new to TFAM this year, this is really how I'm successful at fantasy sports.  I know the stats, but I don't blindly follow the numbers.  My hunches are really able to be cast because I've done nothing worthwhile in my life other than follow sports for 30 years, so I think I have a pretty good idea when something is likely to happen.  Blah, blah, blah.

Anyway...I did go four for five last week.

I have a hunch that this is a big day for Dez Bryant in Dallas.  You know that Jerry Jones guy?  Yeah, he's a showman.  He wants to show off his 2010 version of Tickle Me Elmo to his fans who are seated in the 2009 edition.  Bryant is a very good bet to score this week.

I have a hunch Alex Smith rebounds Monday night.  I just don't believe in the Saints defense.  The Redskins and Jason Campbell put up 367 yards throwing and 3 TDs last year when the Saints went on the road.  Why can't Smith do that in a must show game for him and his offense that has better weapons than that Redskins team did?

I have a hunch that Minnesota's passing game will struggle again today.  Low scoring at Metrodome.  AP is the only guy in the entire game I'd start with confidence.

I think Peyton Hillis puts up more fantasy points than Jerome Harrison today.  Tempted to say John Kuhn over Brandon Jackson too.  Tempted, but I guess I'd start Jackson if I really had to make that call.

I have a hunch Michael Vick disappoints today.  I think Philly is walking into an ambush.  I'll say one total touchdown for Vick.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: