Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Hot Hand

I'm sure that I read last week that Chiefs boss Todd Haley was going to ride the hot hand, or go by feel, or something like that with his backfield.  Funny, I guess "feel" is code for an old guy who can't play anymore.  I'm not sure how this is going to help my readers, but let's just all agree that Haley is a moron.  He can't possibly justify splitting the carries between Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones 50/50 after what we saw last night.  I can even conceed the goal line to Jones, but Charles should be getting 25 touches a game.

In another "feel" situation, I am very worried about Shonn Greene.  I didn't like what I saw of the rotation in that situation either, and Greene, unlike Charles, actually gave his coach reason to sit him with the fumble and the general poor play.  It's a nice time to buy low on Greene, but he is clearly on the wrong side of that battle right now.

Tomorrow, sneaky pickups.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: