Monday, November 30, 2009

As Seen on TV

Isn't it funny how fluky things sometimes completely change the landscape of a sport? Vince Young had a pass batted in the air toward the beginning of that drive yesterday and it miraculously fell right into the arms of Bo Scaife. First down, Titans go on to win.

Anyway, here are a few other tidbits I came away with after watching a full slate of games this week.

How about Eldra Buckley sniping the goal line score in Philly. That was no fluke, Buckley was given multiple opportunities from the stripe in that game.

Speaking of the goal line, Rock Cartwright was not in the backfield at the stripe for the Skins yesterday. Marcus Mason was the guy when I had the game on.

Jake Delhomme was throwing passes at the end of that game that made me feel like he was playing 500. I've never see that approach to NFL quarterbacking before. Something tells me I won’t be seeing it much longer.

Your goal line back for the Chiefs? Jamaal Charles. Could he be a top 10 guy for the rest of the year? Laugh if you want, then go check the box scores.

How about Fred Jackson?

Leave it to the Bengals to sign a washed up homophobe and then give him more work than a guy like the "Nard Dog" (Bernard Scott) who has been very effective as a rookie.

Rashard Mendenhall is better than his stats would indicate. Just trust me.

Houston rotated running backs all day and I saw both Brown and Slaton in at the goal line. Nice job once again by the Kubiak's, BTW. Take a 17-0 lead, then you find yourself trailing 35-20 in the fourth quarter. If I were Mike Shanahan, I'd be waiting for this job to open. They could be 12-4 next year with a new coach.

I know the Vikings are shredding people through the air, but why does the line never open an interior hole for AP to run through?

It is easy to see San Francisco becoming a pass happy team. Gore is very hit or miss, and Crabtree and Davis are real weapons. Plus, Alex Smith is a spread quarterback.

I know I said it a few weeks ago, but for all you in keeper leagues, Arizona is going top be a much more balanced offense when Kurt Warner decides to hang it up.

I bet Anquan Boldin ends up in Baltimore.

Did the Colts finally swing and miss on a running back? Donald Brown doesn't impress me at all.

Going back to Thanksgiving, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a defense worse than the unit the Lions put out there. The Pack could have scored 50 Thursday, and the Browns were almost shut out in Cinci after scoring 37 the week before in Detroit. For all of you looking at schedules from here on out, Detroit has Cinci, Baltimore, Arizona, and San Fran coming up on the schedule. It's looking like I could be facing Ray Rice in Week 14, and I'm terrified of that matchup against the Lions.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: