Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trade deadlines

It seems like every league has a different rule concerning some sort of trade deadline.  Some leagues have already let them pass.  I think this is a mistake.  Why limit teams' abilities to tweak their rosters in any way possible as they get desperate to win?  Don't the teams with good records deserve a chance to take advantage of a team that has to win this week?  I'll say this, if my team is 4-7, I'm selling out to win this week.  Why should I care about next week?  I'll worry about it then.  I'll trade Mendenhall for Forsett if Julius doesn't play. I think the deadline should be right before the last regular season week.  You don't want trades once you are into the playoff weeks.  Too much room for controversy.  Just not a good idea.  I love the idea of a swap shop type atmosphere late in the regular season though.  If you are in the playoffs, go out and try to work over a team that is in a must win situation.

Speaking of trade deadlines, I was thinking about my dynasty league this week and wondering if I could find out who my players are going to play next year.  If you think next year's schedule will help you out at this point, here is a link where 14 of the 16 games for each team are projected.  This is going to be pretty reliable, although it doesn't give us what order the games will be played.  Still, we all know the NFC West is as soft as a baby's bottom.  It's still going to be next year.  If you want to target a player in a keeper league that has a softer schedule next year, give it a look.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: