Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Houston, You have a Problem

I've played fantasy football for 20 years.  I used to play in six team leagues as a 13-year-old when I was in Junior High.  I used to use the Monday paper to calculate our league's stats.  I have used a first round pick on the Nigerian Nightmare, Christain Okoye.  I've been at thins thing for a while.

I have never been more frustrated on a Sunday night as I was this past Sunday.  All three of my teams were thumped handily, and if it wasn't for a Vikings win in Lambeau, it would have been much worse. 

In fact, it was bad enough that I was pondering how much a six dozen eggs and a round trip airfare to Houston was going to cost me.  The steam coming out of my ears actually spelled out something, like those planes who write messages in the sky. As you know by now, Steve Slaton fumbled in his firts carry and did not re-enter the game, allowing Ryan Moats to come in, run for three scores and tip over the apple cart in the Houston backfield.

It actually got so bad for me that I was shut out of Texans touchdowns (they scored four) with Matt Schaub, Slaton, and Andre Johnson each on two of my teams.

By the way, Gary Kubiak fumbled nine times in just five career starts, good enough for 1.8 fumbles per game.  Slaton's seven fumbles in eight games this year can't even top that mark.  And yes, that seven fumbles in eight games is for real...and when you combine that with the fact that Moats looked like an early 90s Barry Word Sunday, Slaton's fantasy value is in complete free fall.

I can't trade him, all I can hope is that Kubiak reads the email I sent him about his own fumbleitis and gives Steve another chance.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: