Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sneaky Pickups

As I wrote for fantasyfootballchamps.com this week, I've been wondering which was going to arrive first, Greg Olsen in Chicago or my H1N1 flu vaccination.  Well, Olsen hit it big this week, and I've been battling the flu.  I like Olsen as a pickup, by the way, in leagues that do not require the use of a tight end.  He's obviously not available in tight end mandatory leagues right now.  I'm not a really big fan of Ladell Betts.  They play a tough scedule of games in the next three weeks...Denver, Dallas, Philly.

How about my man Kelley Washington?  One catch last week.  I still like him more than Mark Clayton.

Joshua Cribbs, QB/RB/WR/KR, Cleveland
Cribbs is the best playeron the Browns offense.  I bet he scores more touchdowns on that team than anyone else from here on out.  Of course, they only have seven TDs in nine games so far, so don't expect him to be Cris Carter or anything.

Lance Long, WR, Chiefs
I like this guy.  I watch him play and he looks like a football player.  He's quick, feisty, and he's always getting open.  He's a poor man's Wes Welker or Troy Brown.  He also had 8-74 last week.  Remember this guy.

Leonard Weaver, RB, Eagles
I think Weaver is gaining the trust of the Philly coaches and may be a nice goal line option for them moving forward.  I wouldn't expect him to break off any more 40+ yarders, but I could see 3-5 scores the rest of the way if that helps you.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: