Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bell Tolling for Thomas

I have to get to a couple of glaring omissions from this week's As Seen on TV.

How about Wes Welker?  Some knee injury, huh?  I'm guessing that 10-150-2 in the snow means the knee is OK?  I couldn't believe he was out there in the third quarter when it was 52-0.  That really means his knee is fine.  No more concerns with him.

However, the sirens are sounding for Pierre Thomas in New Orleans.  As I noted on Saturday, I was going to be watching the Saints to see if Mike Bell was going to usurp some of Thomas' action.  What ensued was a toal disaster for Thomas owners.  Not only did Bell evenly split carries with Thomas, he also scored from the two-yard-line.  To make matters worse, he had another shorty TD called back by penalty.  I can't say how much of a disaster this is for Thomas.  If he is going to get just 50 % of the carries, catch no passes and get pulled at the stripe we are looking at a back outside of the top 20 in our rankings.  If Bell wasn't around, Thomas is top 10, easy.

I suppose this is the time I should mention that I hope my readers in two of my leagues are napping, because I'm dumping Thomas onto someone, fast.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: