Friday, October 9, 2009

Game Limits

As I mentioned in this earlier post http://thefantasyanswerman.blogspot.com/2009/10/lets-play-hockey.html rotisserie scoring with game limts is the only way to play fantasy hockey.  Today, I want to specifically address the best way to approach managing your team in a league that uses said limits.

I understand that playig in a hockey or hops league that uses game limits can encourage you to just keep your lineup the same and play the guys you drafted to be your starters all the time.  That logic says that those guys will play in their team's full slate of 80+ games, therefore limiting your need for quality bench guys.  I would completely disagree with that logic.  My thinking is that it's okay to load up on games early in the season, even if it means having to bench some of your guys in the last few weeks and not being able to field a full squad. 

Think about it.  If I'm rotating my bench guys through when my starters have a day off now, that's better than filling in my lineup and getting games from guys I pick up off the waiver wire later when my guys inevitable deal with injuries.  I'd rather load up on games with the guys I drafted early than have to use some of thse games later with players from the waiver wire that weren't good enough to be on a team to begin with.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: