Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sneaky Pickups

We all know Rashard Mendenhall is the pickup of the week.  If you have the FAAB money to do it, go large on him.  My man crush is reaching epic status on Mendenhall.

But...if you are like me and you preferred Glen Coffee to Mendenhall last week, you may need a few less expensive acquisition options, so here are my three favories this week.

Lance Moore, WR, Saints
Moore is out there in a lot of leagues and he is back in action after battling the injury bug earlier in the year.  Drew Brees has admitted in the past that Moore is his favorite target.

Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Browns
He may not be quite as sneaky, but, as I noted in the As Seen on TV column this week, he was clearly Derek Anderson's favorite target against the Bengals.  He looked really good.  I wouldn't expect 8-for-148 every week, but I bet he's much better than Braylon Edwards.

Sidney Rice, WR Vikings
Rice has emerged as Brett Favre's favorite target early in the season.  Considering he's also their best red zone threat in the passing game, he could end up being a starting caliber wideout in most leagues.

FYI, I still like Andre Caldwell, Chad Henne and Jamaal Charles, each of whom was touted in last week's column.

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: