Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sneaky Pickups

The pickup of the week for most people seems to be Laurence Maroney of the Pats.  I'm not buying it.  Bill Belichick has never trusted Maroney before and may just do whatever he can to leave him over in London after Sunday's game.

However, I'm keeping my eye on a few guys that are available in your league as my sneaky pickups of the week.

Justin Fargas, RB, Raiders
McFadden is a (injured) clown, and Fargas has passed Bush on the depth chart.  I know it isn't sexy, but 85 yards against Philly is nothing to shake a stick at.  You think the Raiders would rather pass?  I thought so.

Justin Forsett, RB, Seahawks
You think the Seahawks enjoyed the eight carries for eight yards they received from Edge and Julius Sunday?  Me either.  Forsett is young, and next on the depth chart.  If the Seahawks season continues to head south, Forsett should be in there against a weak schedule down the stretch.

Quinton Ganther, RB, Redskins
I know, I haven't heard of him either, but I've never believed in Ladell Betts and I've always believed Clinton Portis is actually 54-years-old.  The Skins just signed Ganther this week, and he may also get a look down the stretch.  This one may be a reach, well, it is a reach, but wouldn't it be fun if I was right?

As always, past week's players are highly recommended.  Lance Moore, Chad Henne, and Sidney Rice were on this list before and are hopefully already on your rosters.  Just don't go dumping those guys for Ganther :).

Cheers,
TFAM

No comments: