Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just Thinkin' About Tomorrow

Here are the storylines that I will be following in the NFL tomorrow.

Rasahrd redoux?
Will Rashard Mendenhall slam the door shut on Willie ParkerParker's turf toe may have ended his run with the Steelers.  Mendenhall should go for a minimum of 100 and a score tomorrow.

When will the worm turn?
Will this be the start of the decline for the Giants passing attack?  Steve Smith, Mario Manningham and Co. are going to have to rely on a banged up Eli Manning that usually gets worse as the year progresses.

Morris or Maroney
Which Patriots running back is going to be more valuable now that Fraud is shelved.  Does it matter?

The time has come
If Terrell Owens doesn't score or put up some yardage at home against Cleveland, it's over.

Tony the terrible
Ditto for Tony Romo against the Chiefs.

Tennessee's last stand
I'm expecting the Titans to show some pride Sunday night, slow down Peyton, and beat the Colts.  Am I crazy?

The Marshall plan
Brandon Marshall sure has everyone loving him in Denver now.  Can he back it up?  BTW, I just saw an amber alert flashing for someone who goes by Eddie.  He was last seen wearing an Orange jersey, number 19.

Shootout in the desert
My fantasy teams are in trouble if the Texans/Cards duel doesn't live up to the hype.  We're looking at you, Andre Johnson.

Wherefore art thou, Antonio?
Antonio Bryant scored last week.  Is he on his way back to relevance in the fantasy world?

Bronco backs
Which Bronco back will be the man inside the five?  I'm betting on Peyton Hillis, and I think he may score this week.

Riding tandem
I'm looking at several running back committees this week to try and gauge value for the rest of the season.  Lynch/Jackson, Westbrook/McCoy, Morris/Maroney, Williams/Stewart, Brown/Addai, Hightower/Wells, and Rice/McGahee are all going to be interesting battles this week.  I'd add Bush/Fargas, but I think the Raiders are dead to me.

What are you looking for?

Don't forget to check back tomorrow night for "As Seen on TV".

Cheers,
TFAM

2 comments:

Daddy said...

This is a bye week nightmere, but Crayton, Austin, or Heath Miller? 50/50

Anonymous said...

I'm going Crayton. Crayton has a bit more experience, and I actually think he's better than Austin. It's hard to gamble on a guy like Miller. He's far more likely to get you 2 points than he is 10+.