Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just Thinkin' About Tomorrow

Here are a few of the storylines I'll be following in the NFL this Sunday.

Does the bell toll?
There's word that the Saints want to try and get the now healthy Mike Bell back involved in their ground attack.  This is bad news for owners of Pierre Thomas.  It's downright horryfying if Bell scores from the stripe.

The time has come
Greg Jennings has no excuses if he can't score against Detroit this week. I'm going to lose faith in the Pack if Rodgers can't get time to thorw after a bye week to plug the leaks.

One toed Willie?
Let's see if Willie Parker even makes a dent in Rashard Mendenhall's PT upon his return to the lineup against the Browns.

Meat and potatoes
Two teams, the Vikings and Giants, have played pillow soft schedules and have raced to 5-0 starts.  I'm interested to see how these teams start to perform against quality competition.  I really want to see if you can throw on the Giants.  I think Drew Brees will try to find out Sunday, don't you?

Bronco backfield
Buckhalter returns...does that cut into Moreno's touches?  I still don't know if this team has a designated goal line guy.

Flight of the Falcons
Both Roddy White and Michael Turner exploded last week and made us remember why we pikced them in the top two rounds.  Can they start producing consistently?

Edwards vs. Owens
You think Braylon is enjoying New York?  Two whiny, stone-handed receivers square off in the Meadowlands.

Seattle slew
The Seahawks passing game came to life in a big way against the Jags last week.  With their schedule being so tasty the rest of the way, I'm looking to see if they can keep putting up th numbers against poor defenses.  Actually, I'm looking to see just how many numbers they can put up.  I'm not sold yet, but I'm watching.

Cheers,
TFAM

1 comment:

Adam Jorgenson said...

I can believe it, there are a lot of you out there. Thanks for reading the blog. Let me know what I can do to help you out.